Friday 7 January 2011

Achieved So Far

Using the website 43things.com, I have already marked a number of items as achieved. However, as mentioned in my first post, I had already achieved the majority of these before even registering on the site, so it doesn't really feel as though these should have been included in the 43 things, otherwise I could have just found 43 things I had already accompolished and marked them down as done and not bothered with anything else. This seems a bit pointless though and despite the fact that I can go further than just 43 achievements, I want to start again with the aid of this blog. I will set maybe just a handful of things to do over the next couple of years or so and add to them as and when I can think of something relevant. I'd hate to just make a list of 43 things now made up of things I'm not really that bothered about doing just for the sake of the list, even though, as I keep saying, you can go further than the 43.

So, albeit I will start from scratch with some new targets, here is a list of what I had already marked down as done:

- Buy a house: This was done in the summer of 2005
- Move out: To me, it's the same as the above but it was on the site as well so I marked it off!
- Get a Passport: Everyone has one, don't they? Not really an achievement!
- Learn to drive: Probably my first real achievement, again, done in the summer of 2005 (big year!)
- 3 Liverpool Matches: I wanted to start going to games and ticked this off in season 2005/06
- 5 Liverpool Matches: I wanted to start going more regularly and achieved this milestone in season 2006/07
- Live off my Salary, not Overdraft: I only achieved this after taking a loan out which paid off my overdraft....
- Complete HNC: Passed January 2008 :)
- Stop smoking: Never really started as such so was easy to quit
- Find love: Marked off with the wrong girl but have since put it right :)
- Get over my ex: No problem!

I'm currently doing another 19 targets and so in the next post I'll review which of these make the official 43 things. Some of the above may be included too but certainly not all of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment