Monday 10 January 2011

1. Reach Level 6

Ok, my first target I'm going to set is for me to reach Level 6 with my refereeing. Having qualified 18 months ago and since officiated in over 100 games, I am really enjoying it, feel that I could do this for many years, and also have the belief that I can take it quite far. I certainly want to give it a go and see anyway.

To be honest, I won't be particularly disappointed if I achieve just a jump to level 6, as it's the next step and it's progression, but with as much as i'm putting into my refereeing at the minute, and have been for some time, i'm going to do all I can to go to Level 5 at the next step. Level 4 at this stage is perhaps asking a little too much. I want to get plenty of experience behind me before I get there, thugh I wouldn't turn it down if I was offered the opportunity.

I believe there are a number of factors that work in my favor for this. First of all, I have become quite well known in the past 12 months or so. Last season I was mainly a youth league referee only. I was new to it and not many people got to know all about me. However, I began this season as Referee Secretary of the Mansfield Youth League, which got me quite well known amongst local referees, teams and the County FA, and since being added to the promotion pool, enabling me to referee at a higher level, I have met many of the more experienced referees.

I am learning a lot by doing games with these and should continue to do so to help me progress with this ambition. I know I have a number of things to work on to achieve this. First of all I want to ensure I always look the part in terms of kit, boots, organisation etc. I am also always available as and when the County FA need a referee and so this may be helping my chances of getting myself known. I do need to be more organised in terms of paperwork though. I don't always send in cautions and sendings off as well as my games which isn't going to help my chances if I can't get assessed.

There's a lot on the pitch I know I could improve on but with just 18 months experience behind me, I feel I am doing well so far. So long as I continue to evaluate my performances, heed the advice of others, and learn from mistakes, I can only improve.

Target date for completion of task: Summer 2011



No comments:

Post a Comment