Saturday 2 April 2011

8. Enjoy every minute

This goal means a lot to me as if I achieve it, then I will have had a great life, enjoyed being a parent, a husband, a role model and so much more. I set this not as a target to just tick off at the earliest opportunity, but to remind me - should I need it, that life doesn't last forever and that I should enjoy every second.

There'll be times where I'll be feeling quite low, stressed, angry or upset. In fairness, it doesn't happen very often as I'm a very chilled person. Work doesn't stress me even though at times it can be quite taxing. People in general don't frustrate me. I've learned to live with the pressures of having a little money and considerable but manageable debt, which I am slowly getting on top of. I'd like to think there's more light than gloom at the end of this particular tunnel. I have a beautiful family, soon to be even more perfect by the arrival of my first child, hopefully followed by many more! (I know, one step at a time!)

I just want to make the most of life. I often imagine how perfect it will be when we have children and that there are so many great things we could do with them and not all at a great cost. I want to make the most of every spare second. I don't want to fall into a routine where work or anything else gets in the way of being part of a brilliant family. I want to be the best I can be and go as far as I can with work and other interests, such as my refereeing but this must not come at a cost to my family. I don't want to be too tired to enjoy weekends, or to waste evenings slumped in front of a TV. I want to never be frustrated with my children, I want them to be able to come to me for a chat, for help with their homework, or a cuddle. I've been waiting for years to be a dad and now it's finally my turn. I'm going to thoroughly enjoy it but I've set this target just as a reminder in case there are times that get the better of me when they really shouldn't. Life is precious and too short. Enjoy it!



No comments:

Post a Comment